Monday, April 25, 2011

Easter Dresses

I decided to make my girls' Easter dresses this year.  I am glad I did, but I should not have procrastinated until the week before Easter, because I ended up doing it with a bad back, and sewing and bad backs are not friends.  I am happy with the results though
The one above is definitely my favorite, I am thrilled with how it turned out.  I used this tutorial to make it, changing a few things.  I added a lining, and I just traced the outline of one of her dresses to get a pattern (allowing for seam allowance).  I also added lace between the ruffles.
This is the best picture I could get of the second dress, She refused to stand up.  I used this tutorial for a guideline.  I was too lazy to do sleeves though.  I also lined this dress, and added a coordinating border to the bottom.  I was tired of sewing by this point and I cut corners, I am not as thrilled with the second dress as the first one, but I still like it
Posted by Picasa